A micro grid or isolated grid, is a set of electricity generators and possibly energy storage systems interconnected to a distribution network that supplies electricity to a localized communities that may not have access to grid for many years. Often, micro grid involve multiple energy sources like solar, wind, water or fuel as a way of incorporating renewable power. It operates independently from the main power grid.
- Economic empowerment through micro industry
- Provision of portable water.
- It takes shorter time to install compared to grid that can take years depending on distance from source.
- Reliable and interruptible means of power
7KW Inverter System
6KWp Photovoltaic Array
A mini grid is a renewable embedded system in urban and rural communities which is deployed in these places to provide reliable power supply and also to cut down on electricity consumption from the grid. A mini grid system can also be tied to the grid.
- Possibilities of uninterruptible power supply
- Can be used to reduce tariff
- Enhancing economic growth
- It can also sell power to the grid